|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 10 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream the butter and the sugars together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Stir in pumpkin, almond extract and milk until well combined.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
5. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart. Flatten the dough down a bit with spatula or something. If you are not doing frosting, you could sprinkle the cookies with brown sugar or colored sugar to add a little sweetness.
6. Bake for about 10 mins. Flatten again right after they come out of the oven.
7. Let cookies cool completely and frost.
Beat 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) softened butter with 2 cups powdered sugar. It is going to feel like there is way too much sugar and that its not going to come together. Pour a little bit of milk (about 1/2 tsp) and it will all magically be better. Then mix in about 1 tbl of maple syrup, or 1/2 teaspoon maple extract, and a dash of nutmeg. Voila, yummy, yummy frosting. Add more sugar to make it stiffer and tiny bits of milk (a little goes a long way) to loosen it up.
Keep them in the fridge if frosted.