|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 1⁄2 hours|
1. Put chicken and chicken broth in a large pot along with spices on a gentle boil
2. Add onions, carrots and celery
3. Gently boil for 2 hours, stirring continuously
4. Make dumplings by mixing 2 cups Bisquick and 2/3 cup milk and seasoning (garlic salt, parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper).
5. After stirring dumping mix, cover with dish towel and place close to warm pot
6. After 2 hours of boiling stew, scoop one dumpling at a time (makes 6) onto the top of the stew in the pot.
7. Cook ten minutes with pot uncovered.
8. Then cook ten minutes with pot covered.
9. Serve with one piece chicken and one dumpling, ladling stew over